BS1 - Banksman & Slinger Training Stage 1 & 2
This is a 3 day course that gives you the basic knowledge of crane operations and movements. This course is aimed at training delegates on their skills and communications. You will learn what is expected of you in the position of banksman and the roll of slinger, communication to crane operator using hand-held radio and with hand signals.Safe operations as always, will be of utmost importance.
The course content will enable delegates to:
- Understand lifting planning and the importance thereof
- Identify unsafe practises and the outcome
- Crane lifting incidents
- Understand relevant rules and regulations pertaining to lifting operations
- Understand the basic operations of a crane
- Hand and radio signals- communication
- Lifting operation risk assessments
- Understand the difference between banksman and slinger as well as their specific responsibilities
- The correct use and care of equipment as well as correct slinging methods of loads
- Pre-use and post use inspections
View the online course schedule by clicking here. Note that the schedule is subject to change.
To register for the course, download and complete the registration form.