Engine Room Resource Management
The Skills Programme is aimed at:
- Chief Engineer
- Second Engineer
- Third & Fourth engineers holding a Class II Certificate
Learning Objectives expected to be achieved upon completion of this course are:
- Appreciation of various techniques that can be used to improve human motivation.
- Understanding the importance of communication.
- To provide knowledge and skills to resolve ER crises by reducing human error that accounts for 80% of maritime accidents.
- Investigate the effects of various plant malfunctions on plant efficiency.
- Emphasis will be on teamwork, effective communication, problem solving, decision-making, situational awareness, leadership and performance under stress and fatigue.
- 5 Days
Learning themes covered in this course:
- Introduction to the Engine Room simulator
- Advanced fault finding and problem solving
- Plant performance analyses and corrective measures
- Communication skills
- Stress, workload and fatigue
- Physiological and psychological limitations
- Human error
- Situational awareness
- Decision making
- Crisis management
Queens Road, SeaforthSimons Town, Western Cape