MARPOL - International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships. The Convention includes regulations aimed at preventing and minimizing pollution from ships - both accidental pollution and that from routine operations - and currently includes six technical Annexes.
This Skills Programme is aimed at:
- Ships personnel – Officers, ratings and crew
The Learning Objective expected to be achieved upon completion of this course is:
- The object of this course is to train Marine Engineering officers and ratings to comply with the MARPOL 73/78 regulations and to prevent pollution and damage to the environment.
- 2 Days
The Learning themes covered in this course are:
- Management commitment to MARPOL
- MARPOL regulations under Annex I
- Special areas
- Oil discharge monitoring, control and filtering Equipment
- Port state control inspections
- Oil Record Book