R1- Rigger Training Stage 1 & 2
This is a 3 day course and the purpose of this training is to provide delegates with a series of explanations and practical demonstrations which will identify what they are expected to know when performing rigging operations. Practical rigging gives the delegates first-hand knowledge of how the equipment operates and for what purpose each piece of equipment is used.
The syllabus covers the following:
- Providing an understanding of initial planning of task at hand
- Making Environmental considerations
- Identifying Proximity hazards
- Attaching/ detaching and securing loads
- De-rating of equipment- quarantining of equipment
- Performing Pre-use inspections, post-use inspections
- Preparation of lifting plans
- Gaining an understanding of Sling angels and how they are affected, effects of sling angels and tension on slings
Delegates will work in teams to complete various complex rigging tasks involving cross hauling and general routine lifts.
Delegates will be required to plan given rigging tasks assessed on their own skills and knowledge.
To view the current course schedule, click here. Note that this schedule is subject to change.
To register for this course, download and complete the application form.