Synergy Oil & Gas Consulting and Training
Introduction to Onshore Drilling (2 CPD points)
This two-day course provides a non-technical overview of the phases, operations, and terminology used in the drilling and completion of an onshore oil or gas well. It is intended for non-drilling personnel who work with oil and gas professionals (e.g. HR, accountants, administrative, and support staff, environmentalists, engineers and artisans. No prior experience or knowledge of drilling operations are required.
- Oil history
- Value chain overview
- Drilling Rig - Components and Functions
- Drilling a Well - From Top to Bottom
- Drilling Fluids, Tripping, Casing, Cementing
- Formation Evaluation (Cuttings, Logging, Coring, Drillstem Testing)
- Directional, Horizontal and Relief Wells
- Completions - Perforating, Hydraulic Fracturing, Acidizing
Location: Cape Town
Dates: Call Service Provider to confirm
Venue: Call Service Provider to confirm
Instructor: Ismaeel Fataar worked Schlumberger for over 10 years and travelled extensively in Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe for oilfield operations. He studied Mechanical Engineering and holds an MBA degree.