AA/EE SAP Shipping Coordinator â€“ Mining/Industri
AA/EE SAP Shipping Coordinator – Mining/Industrial
Salary being offered is R 20.324.64 Basic Salary
The employer is a world leading industrial company serving the mining, aggregates, recycling, oil, gas, pulp, paper and process industries, products range from mining and aggregates processing equipment and systems to industrial valves and controls
You will be required to Manage the shipping process in the service Division to achieve the required service levels.
- Customs experience
- Relevant post matric qualifications will be an advantage
- Word and Excel (advanced) proficiency is required
- At least 2 years working experience and excellent knowledge of SAP is a minimum requirement
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position is required
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a world class environment is required
- Experience in initiating and implementing change will be a definite advantage
- .Detail-oriented behaviors are required.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under constant stress and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivated / Performance Driven and Focused
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is also required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers and telefax.
- Climbing of stairs
- The ability to work under pressure is a requirement in this position
- Extensive SAP knowledge
- Maintain an auditable filing system
- Assist with all SAP related queries
- Assist in the resolution of any customer query when needed
- Follow relevant ISO procedures
- Suggest and implement improvements to ISO procedures
- Action any audit findings within required time frame
- Manage the team’s output and performance
- Maintain the required levels of discipline
- Manage the time and attendance of the team
- Develop and train people as and when required
- Ensure team adheres to Safety policies, procedures and work instructions
- Ensure compliance to Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment is used as required
- Enforce safety requirements through disciplinary action if needed
- Manage the housekeeping in area of responsibility
- Manage relationships with logistics service providers
- Manage any one of the following functions:
- Staff Performance done quarterly and feedback given to staff.
- Weekly safety discussion held and pack meeting done.
- Comply to all safety regulations and pack meetings.
- Check correct Cost allocation for Shipping department.
- Ensure invoicing for export customers (External and internal) done accurately
- Keep auditable filing system for, delivery notes, waybills and invoices.
- Manage reliability KPI
- Control invoice accuracy
- Working closely with Finance team
- Controlling logistics providers invoicing processes
- Interrogating charge codes, rates, ad-hoc charges.
- Checking of freight invoices.
- Report all non-deliveries to the company Finance, first day of new month.
- Handle transportation bookings for outgoing deliveries using different transportation modes in compliance against transportation contracts.
- Monitor document filing, POD filing and compliance on MTG system.
- Prepare freight quotations.
- Review and approve freight invoices for transportation contract
- Handle transportation bookings for purchased material in collaboration with purchasing department compliance against transport contracts
- Interrogation of rates, charge codes ad-hoc charges.
- Load optimization before any load is dispatched from the DC.
- Plan local load and send to transporter.
- Plan good vehicle utilization.
- Set up Route Planning in SAP
- Negotiations on rates outside of the Global Contract
- Recover all freight costs as required
- Assist with contract negotiations with all 3rd party logistics transportation providers.
- Attending the monthly Operations meeting and ensuring service levels are up to date.
- Attending the Quarterly KPI meetings with FF’s.
- Draw up stock report and communicate to DC team.
- Check Local POD report monthly, and follow up on outstanding POD’s
- Ensure shipping documentation is maintained
- Issuing of necessary transportation documents in accordance to countries rules and regulations
- Examine documents to avoid customs problems
- Make bookings request for issue of Bill of lading to freight forwarder and other parties
- Generate shipping documents
- Send documents to obtain tax credit and foreign exchange closing
- Follow steps of customs clearance and delivery of the material at end
- Control shipping process, and check correct CAN numbers are used
- Assist in DSC Strategy with regards to shipping and transport
- Manage any logistics providers, including freight forwarders and transporters on site
- Monitor and assist with MTG when required
- Checking of HS codes on all shipments imports and exports.
Compliance and auditing
- Ensure correct Customs procedure are followed at all times.
- Keep audit system in place for SARS and CUSTOMS
- Reduce SARS and ISO audit non-compliance year on year
- Ensure SOP’s are in place with all service providers applicable
- Compiling working instructions and processes, implementing same.
- Sign off all check sheets.
- Check that all MRN numbers are saved to Sap and MRN register.
- Report directly to DC Shipping Supervisor
- Ongoing relationships with all departments
- Ongoing relationships with Global and local transportation contractors
Internal And External Interfaces
- Team Work between departments including Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Warehouse, Procurement, Isithebe and IC sales
- Interaction with suppliers and customers
- Interaction with intercompany departments in other countries
- Interaction with SARS, Customs and Freight forwarders
Please email (email address)