The candidate must be qualified- he must have done his Industrial Air conditioning and Refrigeration Technician Trade test.
He must have a minimum 5 years experience on central plants, chillers & air handling units.
The candidate must have a fair knowledge of controls / BMS systems and electrical (reading of drawings & electrical fault finding).
The candidate must have excellent fault finding and problem solving techniques
The candidate must be able to work independently.
The candidate must be able to start as soon as possible.
Drivers license essential.
Track record with contactable references.
List of Duties:
- Inspection of v-belts
- Inspection of motor pulley drives
- Motor and bearing lubrication
- Inspection of fan assemblies
- Able to locate / test for leaks
- Perform compressor efficiency testing
- Perform and verify super heats
- Perform filter cleaning
- Inspect unit condensate drain systems
- Inspect all unit safety settings
- Able to remove and replace refrigerant
- Able to extract oil sample from the units
- Able to do an oil change / filters change on the unit
- Able to remove / replace compressors and major equipment (service valves, installation of condenser, installation of evaporator, installation of correct size expansion valves)
- Able to extend of vacuum on the system
- Ability to size correctly a motor and compressor as well as the amperage according to the system's capacity
- Able to commission equipment ( set up of unit, set points and rotation Check)
- Ability to apply the correct commissioning procedure
- Customer liaising (correspondence)
- Report writing and correct filling of time sheet
- Able to extract correction information from site
- Ability to perform tasks given within the allotted time period.
Knowledge on performing the following tasks essential:
- Electrical connections
- Motor starts (direct on line / star delta / part wind
- Variable speed drives
- Equipment Controls
- Electrical Fault finding
- Commissioning of equipment
- Unit control programming e.g. set point and correct operation of controller
- Repair and testing of all safety equipment
- Safeties - knowledge of installation / calibration of HP / LP Oil pressure / differential water flow / paddle water flow switch / air flow switch / duct static pressure / sensors
Knowledge of the following air-conditioning equipment essential:
- HVAC experience
- Installation of Chillers
- Package Units
- Hideaway split units/ split units
- Down blow units
- Cooling Towers
- All pumps
- Extraction fans
Ammonia experience will be an added advantage.