Purpose of the job
To prepare, use and operate equipment to support the foundry melting process in support of the requirements of the South African navy fleet and its various shore establishments and visiting ships
Critical performance areas
- Interpret job card requirements and identify all required resources to perform a job
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigate any identified risks
- Identify procedures to be followed and collate all requirements
- To produce moulds (entire process) as per production plans, use measuring equipment, patch/close/seal moulds, apply running and feeding systems, produce cores and control core sand, paint moulds, verify sand quality, adjust sand setting times and oversee casting process
- Execute the job adhering to all instructions, procedures, policies and regulations and stay within time and cost constraints.
- Abide by, promote and partake in all safety, health, environmental, quality and security requirements of the Dockyard
- Observe all applicable industrial relations requirements as per OHS Act as it applies to employees in the Foundry environment
- To provide an update on the status of the task at hand on a frequent basis
Competencies and abilities
- Trade Certificate as Moulder endorsed by the Department of Labour
- Minimum 3 years post trade test technical experience in a Foundry Environment
- Knowledge and experience of epoxy and plastic moulding will be an advantage.
- Ability to plan job accordingly in relation to resources required.
- Ability to utilize workshop hand tools, lifting tackle and overhead cranes.
- Ability to interpret drawings
- Marine experience will be an added advantage
Closing Date: 19 April 2018