Armscor Dockyard has a vacancy for an Artisan: Painter/Spray Painter available on a fixed-term project related contract for three months. Applications are invited from people meeting the qualifications and experience requirements set out below.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To conduct checklists, surveys, diagnostics, repairs, maintenance and upgrade work on marine vessels and associated equipment in an effective, efficient and economical manner.
- Interpret job card requirements and identify all required resources to perform a job.
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigate any identified risks.
- Identify procedures to be followed and collate all requirements.
- Execute the job adhering to all instructions, procedures, policies and regulations and stay within time and cost constraints.
- Liaise with, support and assist superiors, project managers and other sections to ensure optimum completion of jobs at the Dockyard.
- Complete and maintain all applicable records.
- Abide by, promote and partake in all safety, health, environmental, quality and security requirements of the Dockyard.
- Lead and supervise colleagues, junior staff, contractors and assist with their training requirements.
- Observe all applicable industrial relations requirements.
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A Trade Certificate relevant to the position and endorsed by the Department of Labour or applicable Seta.
- Minimum of two years' technical experience in an industrial or similar environment. Marine experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to utilise a vast range of hand tools and equipment.
- Ability to safely work with moving machinery, isolation and/or restraining of energy, working at heights, confined spaces, as well as the ability to use lifting equipment.