ARTISAN: PLASTIC MOULDER
Armscor Dockyard's Operations division has a vacancy for an Artisan: Plastic Moulder. Applications are invited from employees with the required qualifications and experience.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To prepare, use and operate equipment to support the plastic/epoxy moulding process in support of the requirements of the South African navy fleet and its various shore establishments and visiting ships.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Interpret job card requirements and identify all required resources to perform a job.
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigate any identified risks.
- Identify procedures to be followed and collate all requirements.
- To produce plastic moulds (entire process) as per production plans, use measuring equipment, production of plastic and rubber products using poly-urethane, silicon, ureol, selenophane etc.
- Execute the job adhering to all instructions, procedures, policies and regulations and stay within time and cost constraints.
- Abide by, promote and partake in all safety, health, environmental, quality and security requirements of the Dockyard.
- Observe all applicable industrial relations requirements as per OHS Act as it applies to employees in the Foundry environment.
- To provide an update on the status of the task at hand on a frequent basis.REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Trade Certificate as Moulder endorsed by the Department of Labour Experience:
- Minimum 3 years post trade test technical experience in a Foundry Environment.
- Marine experience will be an added advantage.Skills &Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of epoxy and plastic moulding.
- Ability to plan job accordingly in relation to resources required.
- Ability to utilize workshop hand tools, lifting tackle and overhead cranes.
- Ability to interpret drawings.
- Interpersonal skills.