Artisan Production Grade A To C (Mechanical)
PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT: WESTERN CAPE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Artisan Production Grade A to C (Mechanical)
DIRECTORATE: ENGINEERING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (METRO WEST DISTRICT HUB, RETREAT) (HEAD OFFICE, CAPE TOWN)
GRADE A: R179 523 PER ANNUM
GRADE B: R211 464 PER ANNUM
GRADE C: R246 870 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER'S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Minimum educational qualification:
Appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
Grade A: No experience required.
Grade B: At least 18 years' appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
Grade C: At least 34 years' appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- A valid driver's licence (Code B/EB) and willing to travel throughout the Western Cape
- Willingness to perform standby duties.
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Must be competent in metal inert gas (MIG) as well as arch welding on various materials
- Basic working knowledge of plant and equipment typically utilised in the healthcare environment.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Perform necessary administrative functions
- Control over tools and materials
- Training and supervision of subordinates
- Assist with the execution of engineering projects/repairs at hospitals and health institutions
- Maintain and repairs of mechanical installations and equipment at health institutions within the Metro
- Assist Artisan Foremen or Chief Artisan with their duties.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Enquiries: Mr B Lesch, tel. (contact number)
Closing Date: 5 October 2018
Applications are submitted online via www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click "online applications").