Assistant Trader/ Analyst
For an International Agricultural Commodity Trading Company based in Umhlanga, KZN. CTC: R350K - R420K per annum depending on your qualifications and experienceDescription:Perform a variety of support tasks and back up for the Traders including:Market Analyst:
- Up to date analysis on market news, price trends (technical analysis), and supply & demand fundamentals;
- Analysis of market prices in Futures, FX and cash markets.
- Daily market reports
- Reuters analysis of prices and market information
- Automating processes in VBA/Excel to aid traders in spotting price opportunities
- Technical and Fundamental analysis and price forecasts.
- Daily reporting of prices to traders/clients
- Monitoring weather in key crop regions, assessing crop outlooks, El Nino observations, long-term weather patterns, storm tracking;
- Monitoring fund movements in US markets & BMD (Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad)
- Support trading teams with market research as required- Updating Daily Basis moves
- Hedging assistance and identification of potential speculative positions
- Reuters Eikon user, Eikon Excel file creation and modification
- Tracking ZARand all Rand related information including technical moves.
- Macro Analysis.
- Industry related information and analysis.
- Local crop estimates of oilseeds & edible oils. ( construct own balance sheet)
- Shipping line ups from South America & Straits.
- Freight Market updates
- Data collection
- Capturing and processing information for the purpose of statistical, geospatial and quantitative analysis
- Writing of frequent reports for internal and market use
- Produce Trend analyses
- Provide Regional supply and demand stats for basis trading
- Crop production research
- Climate research
Direct Reporting: Managing director but also reporting to the traders. Requirements:
- Post-graduate Degree
- Experience as an assistant trader or analyst in a commodity trading company with exposure to the grain and oilseeds industry is essential
- Preferred subjects: Agricultural Economics with a solid understanding of finance and statistics
- A farming background would be preferable
- Geographic Information Systems skills preferred
- Strong numeracy skills and very analytical approach necessary
- Excellent communication skills (English and Afrikaans - written, and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment with multi-tasking skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including good Excel skills
If you fit ALL of the requirements please send your CV in a Word format If you have not received feedback within two weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessfulPlease do not apply if you do not fit all of the requirements.