- Read and interpret equipment design drawings.
- Ensure sufficient task analysis are completed to carry work out safely.
- Perform assigned duties in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements.
- Must be able to do the required type of welding, as and when required.
- Perform General Boiler making duties including use of: grinding, cutting (friction and Gas cutting),Welding, polishing, Cropping, Pressing, Heat Treatment and Stress Relieving of Steels.
- Carry out mechanical equipment repairs/replacements/modifications during production - mainly breakdowns in accordance with the Work Order System.
- Conduct equipment checks and diligently complete the checklists.
- Completion of the planned Preventive Maintenance work when the plant is down for Maintenance and during Annual Shutdown.
- Completion and submission of job cards at the end of shift.
- Communicate all boiler making maintenance events and concerns.
- Must be able to work both day and night shifts, as and when required.
- Must be able to work planned Annual Shutdown, as and when required.
- Must be able to work standby duties, as and when required.Work overtime, as and when required.
- Responsible for assisting, leading, coaching, mentoring and training the artisan aiders.
- Participate in equipment failures root cause analysis.
- Identification of critical spare parts for machinery, tooling and equipment.
- Adhere to safety standards and procedures.Isolate and lockout equipment.
- Ensure the plant equipment is safe and operate properly.
- Ensure work is carried out safely at all times.
- Perform housekeeping duties.
- Qualification Required:
- Grade 12
- Trade Tested Boilermaker.
- Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Boilermaker in plant maintenance
- Fluent in English - Read, Write and Speak
- Above average technical skills.
- Excellent Fault Finding.
- High levels of attention to detail as well as problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to work under no supervision.
- Ability to work in team.
- Ability to lead in the Boiler making field.
- Other Requirements
- No Criminal Record or ever been Arrested where the police took your finger prints (Not Negotiable)
- Good / Clean bill of Health - Must pass 2 intensive Medical Examinations
- A valid driver's license is mandatory to be able to perform standby duties.