To plan, design, fabricate structural parts, welding and cutting, and a good knowledge of pipe fitting, the rebuilding and refurbishment of new and old machines and a variety of other structural designs from stainless steel as and when required.
Plan, develop and fabrication activities:
- Manufacture and design structural parts from steel plates from 10mm to 30mm.
- To conduct maintenance / mechanical tasks during shutdown periods and as required on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with the planning and introduction of new projects.
- Assist with the planning process of all raw materials.
- Assist external contractors on any structural steel related tasks to be conducted.
- Assist with the rebuild and refurbish of new and old machines during shutdown periods.
- Build mezzanines, carports, staircases and manufacture and install roller shutter door frames throughout the Company.
- Continuous inspection of all structural steel around and inside the plant / premises.
- Repairs of any damage or faults found.
- Do preventative maintenance at planned intervals.
- Ensure stock levels of related materials are communicated to area head.
Safety and housekeeping:
- Responsible for the safeness of all machines and equipment.
- Keep all machines in good and clean working order, along with a clean and tidy workshop.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and safe working environment in metal workshop.
- All metal installation work to be strictly done to standard rules and regulations and as per OHSA.
Welding and Cutting Activities:
- Responsible for welding and cutting activities on all steel, stainless steel and piping.
- Working with stainless steel on an ongoing basis.
Ad hoc tasks:
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks and enquiries if and when required.
- Minimum of 5 years related working experience in boiler making and welding work in a Manufacturing domain.
- Ideal: 8 plus years solid working experience in boiler making.
- Minimum Qualification: National qualification in Boiler Making.
- Must be able to read drawings, do pattern development using triangulation and radial line geometry.
- Sound knowledge on working with structural steel, IPE beams, channel iron, floor plates (heavy duty steel).
- Knowledge and understanding of Oxy Acetylene gas (gas weld, braising and silver solder).
- Work with MIG and TIG welding machines (mild steel and stainless steel).
- Work with ARC welding m/c and plates from 1mm to 30mm.
- Ability to work with grinders and sanding machines to a smooth finish
- Computer literacy would be beneficial.
- Language ability: Must be able to converse, read and write fluently in English.
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must take pride in his/her work.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required.
- Resilience to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to Ga-Rankuwa on a daily basis.