Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager-Technical (Chief Engineer)
An exciting and challenging opportunity has (email address) Company is looking to secure the permanent services of an experienced Business Development Manager to be based at its Cape Town Office. All suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for this Vacancy.
Reporting directly to Business Unit Manager, the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Securing of new business and strong marketing capability - monitoring progress, revenue and margin achievement.
- Key account management.
- Gathering and management of information on customers and competitors in order to identify opportunities for expanding services and products to new markets and existing / new customers.
- Generating sales leads as well as develop and deliver formal proposals, presentations and marketing campaigns.
- Seeking and obtaining complimentary and profitable agencies and product.
- Grow the business in both East & West Africa.
- Developing business plans to exploit opportunities through research, market analysis and delivering accurate business reports to Executive Management.
- Identifying, acquiring and leading project teams to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Work with the Branding department in developing sales and marketing materials to promote company to the market and managing the related budget.
- Managing the company brand.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with prospective and targeted customers, principals and suppliers.
- Follow-up sales activity and Customer Service.
- Identifying opportunities for expanding the market for principals' offering by remaining abreast of technical developments of all principals' products.
- Assisting with the implementing of business strategy.
- Assisting with improving business operations and efficiencies.
- Assisting with implementation and management of quality management systems and certification.
- Continuous communication with principals, local and international authorities, as well as research into current and pending international legislation related to business activities.
- A recognized university standard Marine Engineering Qualification / Marketing or Sales-related qualification
- An Engineering degree, Chief Engineer Class 1/Marine Engineering Officer Charge Certificate or equivalent
- Marine Engineering or equivalent land based knowledge
- Marketing and Technical Sales
- Ability to prioritise and plan work
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong business acumen and problem solving ability.
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively with people at a high level; well-developed communication skills - persuasive communicator.
- Computer literate MS Office/ MS Word / MS Excel / MS PowerPoint
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to effectively meet customer needs; build productive customer relationships; take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Ability to travel to the key ports in Africa and internationally as and when required to do so
Send your CV & all certificates to: (email address)
Reference in the subject line: BDMT31
If you have not had any response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful