In Sub-Saharan Africa, SNC-Lavalin has a proven track record of delivering projects across all four of our sectors of operation including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. We have long-standing relationships with leading national and international companies across the region including Sasol, Chevron, Eskom, Transnet, PetroSA, Engen and Scatec Solar. In South Africa, we have supported Sasol's flagship refinery in Secunda since the early 1990s providing Engineering, Construction and Maintenance solutions year on year.
Education & Skills:
- B.Sc Degree in Quantity Surveying/ A National Diploma or degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 5 Years' Experience in a structural engineering environment or quantity survey functions.
Must have experience in civil road work and gravel road construction and concrete work.
- Must be able to validate a bill of quantities according to the contract.
- Must be able to supervise and oversee sub-contractors.
- Client centric with the ability to continuously build and improve relationships.
- Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings.
- Must have excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to resolve problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong letter writing skills.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Review, Comment and Co-Ordinate detail Design between Engineering Consultant, SNC-Lavalin and Sub-Contractor.
- Ensure Proper drawing and revision control is maintained between all parties and document control.
- Ensure that project team is well informed, motivated and working effectively and efficiently
- Control the manpower on assigned work(s) and shall liaise directly with the Project Manager for manning and de-manning of technical staff
- Interface with the Client's engineers for the project and ensure that all reasonable requests are met
- Inspect the production quality to establish if the client requirements are being achieved
- Coordinate with the client representatives to ensure that inspections are carried out expediently
- Provide support and advice to the construction personnel in relation to the Quality Maintain a good working relationship with all SNC-Lavalin and Client personnel.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination within the Civil / Structural project team(s), across disciplines and across functional departments to ensure mutual awareness of requirements and schedules as well as efficient sharing of information and common resources.
- Support the project team(s) in their relationships with clients, PMT/PMC, vendors, subcontractors, partners and satellite offices. Interact and coordinate
- Review Sub-contractor Payment certificate for correctness and validate re-measured quantities daily/weekly/monthly in order to authorize monthly claimed re-measured bill of material in relation to design and work executed to date. Measure performance and certify progress payment reports.
- Observe the subcontractor's operations and record daily accomplishments, problems, and manpower and equipment usage. Take remedial action on shortcomings in coordination with the responsible Manager.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Familiarize yourself with the programme, planned hours, ratios material as per B.O.M. and ensure that these parameters are met.
Duration: Fixed Term Contract
In Terms of the SNC-Lavalin Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants who are disabled or from a previously disadvantaged background. If you have not heard from us within one month of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.