Construction Equipment Business Development Manager
We are Caterpillar, we are the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Caterpillar lead the way in design, manufacture and presence in the industries we serve.
One of our parts distribution facilities is based in Johannesburg along with our regional support and management teams. Our South African business has grown significantly over the last 18 months and we need experienced, ambitious and committed colleagues to help us achieve success in the region. We encourage development and growth of our teams, offer continuous challenges and support and training.
The key role of this assignment is that of an individual contributor who has a thorough understanding of the Construction Equipment Aftermarket business, experience with developing and managing Aftermarket Parts Sales and Operations, as well as demonstrated experience engaging with Construction Equipment customers in Southern Africa.
The ideal candidate has over 10 years of Wear Parts (Ground Engaging Tools, Bucket Rebuild, Undercarriage, Hydraulic Hose and Coupling) business management, market development and customer sales experience. The ideal candidate has demonstrated product application expertise and marketing/distribution knowledge along with a sense of urgency to support Caterpillar and its dealers sales team develop and achieve the aftermarket parts sales business plan. The incumbent will work to gain knowledge, develop creative customer solutions, apply sound business judgment, and develop / influence key growth strategies in the target region.
- Support regional sales teams in the delivery of the annual parts business plan for Parts (Ground Engaging Tools, Bucket Rebuild, Undercarriage, Hydraulic Hose and Coupling).
- Provide aftermarket products & solutions consultancy to regional sales teams and channel partners (Dealers)
- Provide input to parts sales and operations planning process with key focus on forecasting and inventory management.
- Lead the development and execution of parts marketing campaigns linked to growth initiatives.
- Lead the development of sales teams and channel partners through products and solutions training.
- Collaborate strongly with partners to bring in the required resources to support growth initiatives.
- Manage an allocated commercial budget towards sales promotion and marketing to meet annual business plan and growth targets.
- Actively champion and influence changes related to Caterpillar parts & service support strategies, rebuild solutions, new products introductions, and various service options.
- Collaborate with internal partners on product development, NPI launch and commercial issue resolution on wear parts.
- Bachelors degree in: Business; Marketing and/or; Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Construction Equipment Product Support; Parts and/or Services Sales & Marketing
- Experience with Project Management and Analytical skills.
- Experience working with dealers (B2B) and/or customers facing role (B2C).
- Experience in dealer development and/or field sales/service experience.
- Experience in Bucket Manufacturing and rebuild options.
- Experience in customer engagement, market campaign development in Ground Engaging Tools, Bucket Rebuild, Undercarriage, Hydraulic Hose and Coupling
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO DEMONSTRATE :
- Advance knowledge of Ground Engaging Tools, Hydraulic Hose and Coupling - Highly Preferred
- At least 10+ years of experience working with Ground Engaging Tools, Bucket Rebuild, Undercarriage, Hydraulic Hose and Coupling
- Experience with Marketing Communications, Planning and Commercial solutions
- Strong project ownership and management skills
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Well-developed customer knowledge base
- Strong collaboration and people skills
- Excellent customer focus, communication, negotiation, influencing, and selling skills
- Ability to persuade internal and external business partners to take specific actions to achieve common goals.
- Must be a Strategic Thinker - Solve problems, understand dealer and/or customer pain points and expectations
- Proven ability to work across all levels of leadership with dealers, customers and business partners.
- Result orientated, get the job done attitude.