Country Sales Manager
Danfoss Drives is looking for a Country Sales Manager, who will join our great team in Johannesburg and report to the Regional Sales Director of Danfoss Drives (Turkey, Middle East & Africa Region) based in Istanbul.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Sales, after sales and marketing activities for Danfoss Drives product portfolio of frequency converters, inverters, soft starters, software and services in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Leading a team of sales and technical support experts located in Johannesburg.
- Developing, leading and executing the go-to-market strategy, account and country strategies in line with a value-selling approach.
- Full P&L responsibility following order intake and revenue targets, forecasting, FE management, customer loyalty, pipeline size & quality, periodic project coaching.
- Building and maintaining a strong pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Developing and managing sales in focus industry verticals including mining, food & beverage, water & waste water, HVAC-R, cement, material handling and marine.
- Partner management including pricing strategy and development of partners.
- Business development activities for focus industries/applications and new market/channel development activities in Sub-Saharan Africa countries.
- Product management activities including pricing, positioning and stock strategy.
- Positioning Danfoss Drives brand and products in line with the defined strategy, coordinating communication activities with the regional marketing team.
- Proactively managing and developing the portfolio of end-users, system integrators, panel builders, engineering & design firms, consultants and contractors in sales territory.
- Work with internal order handling, logistics, accounting teams as well as factory project management and product management teams to coordinate all order to cash activities.
Background and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and background in drives, electric motors and automation is preferred.
- Proven track record in a sales leadership role and people management.
- Strong leadership focused on teamwork, people development, with a result-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline driven, demanding, dynamic matrix organization.
- Customer and growth-oriented mindset and strong analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Global mindset and excellent oral and written communication skills to efficiently communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Travel mobility (availability to travel around 30% of time) at the national and regional level, having a valid driving license.
- Have a high degree of integrity, acting according to the company's Ethical guidelines and business ethics.