Energy Division â€“ Products Executive
Adapt IT Energy has extensive experience serving the Oil & Gas and Utilities sectors globally for more than 18 years with over 32 customers in 26 countries.We are a trusted partner, delivering high-value consulting services and end to end niche supply chain products optimising our client’s operations.Our Vision: We transform the operations of our Global Oil & Gas and Energy customers through technology advisory and integrated systemsOur Mission: Our people, products and deep industry expertise differentiates us as a leading global partner for the provisioning of Integrated Supply Chain Systems to the Downstream Oil & Gas and Energy sectors.Role overviewA resourceful thought leader, the Products Executive will report to the Managing Director – Energy, and be part of the Strategic Leadership Team of the Division.Existing Products and Partnerships include, but not limited to:
- SAP Industry Solutions (IS Oil)
- SAP Line of Business solutions (Hybris, IBP, HCM)
- Technology Solutions (Business Analytics, Mobility)
- TechnipPMC FuelFacs+
- OSISoft PI
- Landys & Gyr Smart Metering
- Adapt IT proprietary, Oil and Gas specific technology solutions, services and products
Primary Responsibilities of Role
- Develop and execute the Division Product Strategy and Roadmap which will enhance and increase our Value Proposition and aligns to Division and Group Strategies.
- Craft the Product Strategy based on consumer and market insights, research and competitor analysis.
- Apply knowledge of SAP, Oil and Gas sector and Supply Chain Solutions to drive the Product Strategy and Roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to develop products, acquire IP or partner with product owners.
- Manage the internal Product Development process and competency and SDLC in a matrix organization where the development team may not directly report to this role
- Develop and own product partnerships to enhance our Value Proposition
- Identify product acquisition opportunities which will further our goal to offer end to end solutions.
- Work with SAP and their Co Innovation Lab, as well as other product partners such as TechnipFMC and OSISoft to develop niche add on products.
- Develop industry specific templates in partnership with SAP to offer time to value benefits for customers
- Effectively manage both internal and external partnerships to ensure that products and roadmap priorities are delivered
- Contribute to Go To Market planning for products, including support for marketing, event and campaign activities.
Ensure that the Divisional competency is in place to market, sell, implement and support our products.
- Develop metrics to measure the success of products, analyse results, and develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Develop a business case for capital investment required for Product Development
- Organise and oversee pre sales and solution design approach and activities in a matrix organisation.
- Mentor and guide technical resources in the Division.
- Create a knowledge sharing culture, cross leveraging skills, experience and passion to set the Di
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
Key Performance Areas
- Well articulated and communicated strategy with buy in at Division and Group level.
- Divisional revenue growth targets related to new product offerings
- Enhance the Division Value Proposition through products and partnerships.
People Management & Leadership
- Manage a small team of direct reports focussed on product management and development
- Leverage influencing and people management skills in order to lead and direct resources who are not direct reports in order to deliver on the role requirements.
- As a member of the Energy Executive Committee and the SLT, foster a culture of collaboration, high performance and respect throughout the Division.
- Provide input to, and support the execution of the Division strategy and annual targets.
- Lead through ambiguity and change
Qualification, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Post Graduate Degree or MBA degree
- Solid understanding and experience in SAP’s product suite
- +10 years technology experience, including at least 5 years with people management responsibilities
- +5 years’ experience in Product Management
- +5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas or related fields - desired
- You should possess a big-picture vision and the drive to make it a reality
- Solution driven and innovative in approach
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Must have CRM experience