EXECUTIVE: TRANSACTION & INVESTOR SUPPORT
Saldanha Bay Industrial Development Zone Licencing Company SOC Ltd is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
SALDANHA BAY IDZ: SBIDZ-LC - EXECUTIVE: TRANSACTION & INVESTOR SUPPORT
This is a 3 years contractual position subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement.
All-inclusive remuneration package: Market Related
Purpose of the position:
The Saldanha Bay Industrial Development Zone Licencing Company SOC Ltd (SBIDZ-LC) was formally awarded the Operator's Licence on 31 October 2013 for the establishment of an IDZ in Saldanha Bay specifically focused on Oil & Gas Services and Marine Repair. The zone is required to attract key local and overseas companies to set up their premises within the zone, particularly in the Oil & Gas Services and Marine Fabrication & Repair industry, and to facilitate economic activity and job creation through these investments and the on-going support offered to operators and tenants by the SBIDZ-LC, as operator of the zone.
The SBIDZ-LC is looking for an Executive: Transaction & Investor Support who will be responsible for the design and implementation of the strategic commercial approach to investments in the zone, as well as to manage the on-going complex interfaces between the SBIDZ LiCo, operators, tenants and port operations in the implementation of the SBIDZ-LC's Ease of Doing Business model. This role requires a significant amount of business acumen and experience, as well as expertise in cost benefit modelling, investor financing, project financing, supplier support, and business operating processes and procedures. This role will require proactive liaison particularly between other units, i.e. Business Development, Ease of Doing Business, Infrastructure and the CFO.
The applicants must be in possession of a tertiary qualification in finance, business or law, preferably with a postgraduate in management, law or commerce. The applicant requires a minimum of 5-8 years of business experience in a minimum of 2 different and diverse working contexts. Strong commercial and business acumen and specific experience with complex financial models. Minimum 3 years previous managerial experience.
Must have the following skills and capabilities: Broad business knowledge of the Oil & Gas, and Marine Fabrication & Repair industry. Knowledge of the Western Cape and Broader South African and Global Economic Landscape. Skills in leading and managing a small, but specialised team. Knowledge of relevant legislation, legal, compliance and risk management requirements. Ability to set strategy, and convert into achievable project and programme plans. Ability to perform and achieve set goals and outcomes in an environment with ambiguous operational parameters, complexities and broad challenges. Strong ability to develop relationships between complex and difficult stakeholders and government officials. Collaborative leadership skills and qualities. Financial acumen, due diligence and risk management experience. Negotiation skills under difficult circumstances.
- Understand the broad implications, challenges and opportunities within the global and local Oil & Gas Services and Marine Fabrication & Repair industry, as they relate to the SBIDZ context
- Identify key challenges, priorities and opportunities that directly impact on the development of the commercial sustainability of the SBIDZ
- Take ownership of the design, development and implementation of investor support and retention strategies, systems and processes at the SBIDZ
- Appropriate business models for ventures led or catalyzed by the SBIDZ-LC
- Analyse potential investors financial viability as well as undertake due diligence and risk reports on potential investors, including analysis of annual financial statements, cash flow projections and business plans, and advise Executive on feasibility as such
- Develop contract templates (with the assistance of a legal support as required) for managing investors in the Zone, including lease agreements, commercial agreements, service provision and expectations
- Develop a leasing strategy in conjunction with the Executive Team
- Develop a framework for investor leasing rates, and rates for services received from the Zone as relevant
- Develop key systems and processes for investor analysis, negotiation and leasing, in conjunction with the Executive Team
- Prepare and present to various internal committees, including the Board of Directors for approval
- Negotiate investor leasing agreement for the benefit of both the SBIDZ-LC and the investor with regards to financial, legal and commercial considerations
- Develop an Investor support and retention programme which includes the delivery of key support services within the Zone, including logistics, administration as required, zone maintenance and support
- Develop solutions and platforms that enhance an investor's experience and means of accessing information
- Facilitate key investor relationships and 'deal making' to enable longer-term partnerships and contribution to the Oil & Gas Services and Marine Fabrication & Repair industry outputs and development within RSA
- Actively work towards reducing red tape and regulatory timelines for investor support services
- Support in marketing the SBIDZ at key global and local marketing initiatives, exhibitions and events.
Candidate will report to the Chief Operations Officer
Should you comply with all the aforementioned and are in possession of a valid Code B driver's license then you should not hesitate to apply.
Kindly submit your CV to: Thembakazi Kobese
Email to:(email address)
CLOSING DATE: 07 October 2018.
Direct all enquiries to Thembakazi Kobese in Human Resources at (contact number)
Should you not have received any response from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.