Facilities & Utilities Manager
- National Diploma (N6) or Degree in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years in a FMCG operational or engineering role.
- Experience of continuous improvement/QA/lean manufacturing methodology and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in operation and maintenance of utilities equipment
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in factory environment
- Knowledge of food safety requirements in a factory environment
- Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing plumbing, cooling, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- People management and performance management
- Project management
- Fundamental knowledge of municipal by-laws, OHSACT, and SANS, codes, and rules
- Effectively manage the operation and maintenance of Utilities (i.e. HVAC - heating and cooling, electricity, water, compressed air, natural gas, steam generation)
- Support the site's OEE targets by the provision of 100% site services and utility availability.
- Develop KPIs which demonstrate the correlation between Facilities provision and Utilities effectiveness to Production line performance.
- Coordinate and supervise facilities & utilities performance and maintenance
- Plan, prioritize, assign, manage and review the work of subordinates/contractors responsible for facility and utilities maintenance.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures making recommendations for improvements
- Monitor and drive work activities ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage SLAs of outsourced services (starch/effluent plant operation, garden services, security services, office cleaning, etc.)
- Leading the site utilities sustainability agenda through the established Green teams to drive continuous improvement on utilities usages and performance across the site.
- Ensure that all buildings are safe for the occupants and full fills the needs of functions being carried out in that building (Ergonomics and services).
- Develop and organize preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and utilities equipment.
- Manage construction projects, facilities upgrades, and other special projects as well as assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and reports.