Key performance areas:
- Manage all external financial reporting requirements (ISAPL group and ABF) across all operational sites in South Africa, ensuring all stakeholder needs are met.
- Provide relevant financial and technical support to the executives and general managers, ensuring decisions are made on the basis of up to date and reliable information.
- Manage the management accounting functions of the commercial marketing department and participate in the formulation of strategies and policies.
- Manage the reporting requirements for the downstream commercial department.
- Work closely with the finance director in driving the strategic direction of the business with respect to financial and commercial objectives.
- Manage all financial risks (including monthly reporting) for the company.
- Reviewing and implementing appropriate internal financial controls and ensuring audit findings are timeously addressed.
- Ensure full compliance with the Companies Act and relevant IFRS's.
- Manage the monthly reporting of the financial position of the company
- Manage the preparation and review of the SA board and OPCO packs for submission to ISAPL Group.
- Manage the forecast and budget reporting requirements to ISAPL Group.
- Manage the co-ordination and completion of the company Interim and year-end audits (including all group reporting requirements).
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements for ISSA Company and all small companies.
- Manage all reporting requirements for ISSA foreign operations.
- Manage the continuous improvement reporting requirements for the ISAPL Group.
- Manage the Green-house gas reporting requirements for the entire ISSA group.
- Effectively managing the performance and development of two direct reports.
- Effectively managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical accounting advice to the finance division as necessary.
- Assist with various ad hoc group project requirements.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or CIMA.
- At least 3 - 5 years working experience in a financial management environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience on all aspects of financial reporting and management accounting, including a strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Proven effective people management skills and experience.
- Strong analytic skills with high attention to detail and ability to work accurately and deliver quality outputs.
- Strong service delivery ethic with proven action orientation and timely adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and also be a team player.
- Strong proficiency in MS office suite, ERP systems, and Cognos Controller (or similar).