Fruit Quality Manager
- Must have a good understanding of quality management systems applicable to fruit production, packing and export processes.
- Must have a good knowledge of post-harvest diseases and disorders, QC and claims handling procedures.
- Good communication and negotiation skills to resolve and finalise market claims between suppliers and receivers.
- Good systems and data management skills.
- Ability to handle work pressures in a seasonal environment and be able to work accurately under strict operational timelines.
- Based in Stellenbosch but required to travel locally and internationally.
- Quality control strategy & planning.
- Manage supplier quality assurance, food safety requirements & due diligence.
- Manage the handling & processing of quality feedback / info & claims.
- Financial management & control.
- Marine insurance.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BSC Horticulture or equivalent.
- 5 - 10 years working in a fruit export environment in the SA fruit industry.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED