The General Manager (GM) of HMTS Motors is responsible for the entire store operation, consisting of the following departments: service station - Sasol N3, C-store - OK Express Thanda Tau, and fast food - Spur Grill & Go. The GM will lead the management and associate team to ensure the execution of the organisational and franchise partners' values, goals, rules and regulations, standards, processes and procedures. The GM is responsible for maximising the store's profitability through Team Development, Operational Excellence, Sales Building, and Financial Performance Management. The GM is responsible for both customer and associate satisfaction. The GM will be responsible for the development and leading of a highly effective and efficient team
Includes, but not limited to:
- Management of daily business operations.
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and displayed in a safe manner.
- Resolve customer and associate concerns, issues, and complaints effectively.
- Execute the group sales strategy, action plans, and business processes developed by Store Operations Team in order to maximize sales building efforts to improve profitability and increase revenue.
- Generate, analyse and interpret income statement and utilize reports to ensure store's profitability.
- Supervise and lead the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all associates and managers.
- Manage/Accurately complete daily paperwork, cash, lottery, shrink, spoilage, and waste processes.
- Manage labour and team schedules.
- Ensure the proper administration of all staff issues, through liaising with the HR consultancy firm.
- Manage the ordering, receiving, and capturing of stock as per the prescribed SOP.
- Manage the stock take process and implement general shrinkage controls to minimise and control shrinkage to acceptable levels.
- Ensure that fuels wet stock is managed and reconciled as per the prescribed SOP.
- Perform work with Integrity, Honesty, and Respect.
- Build relationships with community partners to connect the store with its community.
- Analyse trends and set actions plans for store challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Monitor local competition through price surveys and other tools, and take action/communicate to Store Operations accordingly.
- Ensure store meets and exceeds Operational Excellence surrounding OK, Spur Grill and Go and Branded Fuel Audits.
- Enforce all required standards e.g. service, quality, health, hygiene etc through training, management and good leadership.
- Represent the business at various industry bodies such as business chambers, retailers' associations etc
- Performance of all tasks that will ensure the proper running of the business which tasks relate to issues such as service, sales, stock controls, hygiene, cleanliness, operation of equipment and lighting, water, electricity and general maintenance.
- Report to the ManCo on any issues arising out of the running of the business.
- Oversee the maintenance and proper housekeeping of all the related assets and equipment on site to minimize downtime and maximize return on asset.
- Perform any act that may reasonably be seen to fall within the ambit of a General Manager
- High school diploma (Matric / Grade 12 or general education degree (GED) equivalent)
- Degree/Diploma in Business or related field preferred.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience (preference fuel and convenience-retail experience).
- Experience with leading and building a highly effective team.
- Experience selecting, training, and performance management of staff.
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable Transportation (own vehicle and a valid driver's licence).
- Excellent Leadership Skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplary Customer Service.
- Ability to implement positive change through coaching and developing team.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision; Self-Motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (computer literate).
- Systems knowledge of at least one of the following, ARCH, WinBranch, or Pilot.
- Knowledge of the retail fuel industry.
- Knowledge of convenience-retail business practices.
- Detail Oriented, Exceptional Organizational, and Multi-tasking Skills.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 15kg.
- Clear Criminal Record.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a business qualification and a qualified franchisee course with an oil major.
Please consider your application to be unsuccessful, should you not hear from us within two weeks.
Only SA Citizens with a valid SA ID need to apply