Group Procurement Manager
This manufacturing company is currently looking for a Group Procurement Manager to lead the Procurement team and to maximise opportunities within the Purchasing, Logistics, Insurance, Legal and Contractual functions of the Group.Purpose of the Role:-
- Purchase goods or services for the Group to use or sell. Ensure employer obtains quality products for competitive prices within stated timelines.
- Plays an integral role in ensuring the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
- Specific responsibility shall be to achieve cost reduction targets for all purchases and deliver a cost saving to boost the Group's bottomline.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:-
- Professionally qualified Materials Management Graduate or Post Graduate from a reputed Management Institute from SA or overseas with an Engineering Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in in a similar position.
- Familiar with all MS Office tools including Projects, Access, Visio, etc.
- Familiar with an ERP based system and environment.
- Understanding of supply chain and production processes and systems to align his/her working with them.
- Accredition from a Purchase or Materials Management such as CIPS, etc. may be an added advantage.
- Industry knowledge from Oils & Fats preferred.
- Leads the procurement process for the group for all materials and services requirements;
- Capex purchases for projects and plant operations.
- Stores and spares for the plant maintenance requirements.
- Consumables for the process requirements.
- Packaging materials for packing operations for all company's brands.
- Promotion material for marketing operations such as POS & POP material.
- Company stationery,supplies and essential miscellaneous items.
- Implement and improve the procurement process within the group by installing and supporting PR, PO and material inventory management process.
- Develop and implement SOP's for procurement including concepts such as Reorder levels, Safety levels, EBQ, EOQ, ABC analysis for critical requirements, etc.
- Benchmarking of procurement costs with the industry and achieving them or improving upon them to be meet objective of becoming the lowest cost producer.
- Vendor development and management to ensure timely and adequate supply of groups requirements with desired supplier credits.
- Procurement planning and budgeting in tandem with the operational plan.
- Understand and develop processes to integrate with the ERP system of the company and fill gaps to improve the performance of the system.
- Generate reports and presentations for monthly and periodic reviews.
- Develop and implement strategies to make timely availability and stock levels to support all operations.
- Imports of materials from overseas markets - providing data based analysis for decision making such as local sourcing or imports, make or buy types of decisions.