We are looking for an experienced H&S Officer to join our team. Successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience :
Samtrac and Nebosch IGC with at least 5 years experience in a similar position in a large power generation plant, oil & gas or petrochemical facility.
- Conduct site inspections and audits on the work permits.
- Conduct safety training to new employees before they start work as well as regular departmental trainings.
- Assist in the drawing up of Health and Safety procedures and ensure implementation of the procedures once approved.
- Conduct risk assessments within the plants, identifying of potential hazards
- Conduct departmental audits to ensure that they comply to all their job specific procedures.
- Inspect/audit safety files of contractors to ensure they comply to all the lawful aspects as well as our site specific requirements.
- Establish a safe culture on site by reprimanding employees who fail to comply to the site rules.
- Conduct Health and Safety monthly meetings with all employees and contractors when required
- Update contractor employee data base at the access gate. i.e. registration of all new contractors onto the access system and issuing cards, activating fingerprints for access, draw man-hours reports and to ensure that the access system is running smoothly at all times.
- Establish safety system and keep it updated by ensuring that all notifications from Sercae are activated as soon as possible to ensure compliance with all documentation.
- Walk and talk schedules and implementation by gathering all departmental managers and walk through the plant looking for deviations and ways to eliminate deviations detected.
- Ensure that all H&S measures and precautions are strictly considered and taken care of during the execution of Operations and Maintenance activities
- Conduct incident and accident investigations
- To control the compliance with legal requirements, company's standards and internal procedures To draft and issue reports according to the company's H&S standards and management system
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered.