Hydraulic Fitter/ Hydraulics Specialist
04 May 2018
R360,000 - R450,000 pa cost to company
- Manage robust and efficient fault finding and problem solving in Hydraulics and contribute to the smooth running of the technical store management.\
- Ability to identify Hydraulic components. To effectively read, analyse and fault find on hydraulic circuits using rational methods of fault finding and elimination. Must be able to set pressures, relief valves and compensators, recharging of accumulators etc.perform general mechanical work. i.e alignment, piping, granulato
- Support the technical stores management through accurate withdrawal of stock, reporting of required spare part in advance to help the whole technical store optimization process.
- Hydraulics equipment- must be able to strip, inspect, diagnose and/or repair hydraulic valves, components and cylinders. Have experience in testing and setting pressures according to drawing specs. Experience with injection blow moulding and extrusion blow moulding equipment will be advantageous.
- Ensure high adherence to safety and energy/water consumption at factory level by analyzing the potential impact of any variable (e.g. high risk activities, spare part quality, materials, etc).
- Climb onto Extrusion Blow moulding Machine (EBM) using fixed ladders or platforms to fix oil leaks, change valves and filters.
- Change ball and screw, change extruder motor belts, check loader system/ swop the unit.
Work on heaters on the barrels in performing maintenance duties.
- Climb/crawl inside Injection Blow Moulding Machines (IBM) and EBM machines to change Hydraulics cylinders (over 20kg).Drilling and tapping inside machines for mounting cylinders. Removing screw barrels from machines using forklift truck to manoeuvre parts out of the machine
- Moving of equipment: Moving around and setting up of grinders using pallet jack, moving of conveyors, water heating units inside the plant: Pulling and pushing of equipment weighing approximately 250-300 kgs.
- Stripping and servicing of Boilers: Removal of heater elements, cleaning the chamber and replacing the heater element- This task entails prolonged bending and working with equipments while on the floor.
- Minimum of 5 years as certified Millwright/Fitter in a factory
- Plastics industrial experience will be advantageous.
- N4/5 Min qualification, Millwright/Fitter Trade tested incumbent
- Minimum 5 years experience working with hydraulics or similar equipments
Please kidnly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted