Infrastructure Project Engineer
Saldanha Bay Industrial Development Zone Licensing Company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
SALDANHA BAY IDZ: SBIDZ-LC - Infrastructure Project Engineer
This is a 3 year contractual position subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement.
All inclusive remuneration package: Market Related
Purpose of the position:
The Saldanha Bay IDZ Licencing Company (SBIDZ-LC) was formally awarded the Operator's Licence on 31 October 2013 for the establishment of an IDZ in Saldanha Bay specifically focused on Oil & Gas Services and Marine Repair. As part of fulfilling its mandate, the SBIDZ-LC will be required to implement various engineering services and investor specific infrastructure projects. The Infrastructure Project Engineer would be responsible for providing engineering and project management support to the Executive: Infrastructure and Environmental Planning in developing these infrastructure requirements within the SBIDZ-LC consisting of various buildings and structures, utility connections and upgrades, water and electricity supply, sewerage discharge and treatment, solid waste management.
The applicant must be in possession of a BEng, and be a registered professional civil engineer with ECSA. The candidate must be proficient in software applications like Excel and MS Project. In addition, the applicant requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in civil engineering, including a proven track record in successful construction contract management. Specifically, whilst the role requires technical expertise, the role will be focused on assisting the Executive: Infrastructure and Environmental Management in liaising with relevant stakeholders and contractors, in assisting with the Infrastructure Implementation.
It is considered essential for the position to have a good understanding of construction contract management, and a focus on not only providing technical support, but coordinating the relationships between a variety of stakeholders and contractors, in assisting with the infrastructure development. In addition, it is advantageous for the incumbent to have experience in design aspects of infrastructure development, including proficiency in AutoCad or similar. Note that whilst the role does not require to be based in Saldanha Bay, the individual will spend a large portion of time in the area and on site, and must be willing to travel.
Must have a strong mix of the following skills and capabilities: Skills in coordinating a small, but specialised outsourced project team
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Stakeholder/partnership/networking management
- Problem solving abilities
- Strategic planning
- Trouble shooting skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Collaborative leadership skills and qualities
- An accountable individual who behaves with integrity
- Availability to travel.
In addition to other broader duties, the role will focus on:
- Developing individual project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with the Executive: Infrastructure and Environmental Planning
- Determining project specifications by studying requirements and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
- Determining the project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements
- Assisting with procurement of contractors for project construction
- Assisting with the appointment of consultants and develop consultant key performance indicators
- Manage consultants' professional services contracts in terms of time, quality and cost
- Assisting with monitoring of construction activities
- Maintaining the project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Maintaining safe working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Liaison with the department of technical services of the local municipality
- Undertake weekly and monthly project update meetings and reporting as required
- Developing and maintaining relationships linked to environmental planning and sustainability.
Candidate will report to the Executive: Infrastructure & Environmental Planning.
Should you comply with all the aforementioned and are in possession of a valid Code B driver's license and passport, then you should not hesitate to apply.
Kindly submit your CV to: Thembakazi Kobese
Email to:(email address)
CLOSING DATE: 05 April 2019
Direct all enquiries to Thembakazi Kobese in Human Resources at (contact number)
Should you not have received any response from us within 30 days after