A well-established company specialising in air and emissions testing is seeking a technician to be responsible for setting up equipment, testing and collecting data during a site project and ensuring all records are up to date.Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have aSenior Certificate or N3 Technical Certificate with good marks in Mathematics and Physical Science.
- A Technical Diploma or appropriate technical courses is advantageous.
- Practical industrial process work experience is advantageous (1-year experience is preferred).
- Code 10 driving license with experience driving a van as well as a clean driving record is essential.
- Must have the ability to physically carry equipment and handle heights
- Maintenance experience on electrical and mechanical equipment is essential.
- Must have an understanding of gas flow, pressure, temperature and gravimetric measurement.
- Must have an understanding of scientific test methods associated with emission and ambient gas testing.
- Must be willing to travel locally.
- Practical industrial process work is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English. Competency in Zulu and Afrikaans is advantageous.
- Computer literacy with proficient in Basic Excel, Word and Outlook is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting all test data during a site project.
- Working with the team in managing and accessing the operation of all test equipment, identifying and addressing anomalies and signing off on each test on conclusion.
- Ensuring all record are kept in order to demonstrate that the test meets all quality control criteria.
- Ensuring that the equipment register is updated to reflect the status of the equipment.
- Ensuring that supplies are verified before use and according to the requirements of the quality management system.
- Setting up equipment per procedure, conducting checks to ensure that equipment is operating reliably and recording data appropriately.
- Ensuring that all raw data is recorded at the time of testing, signed and handed to the Project Manager on conclusion of the test.
- Checking and maintaining equipment and reporting any defects for immediate repair or replacement.
- Ensuring that the mobile laboratories are always maintained and cleaned after projects and that any defects are reported to the Project Manager.
- Ensure that any queries relating to customer requirements are discussed with the Project Manager.
- Present all test data to the managing Consultant on conclusions of each test, identifying any concerns or issues that need review.
- Present all quality assurance data to the managing Consultant on the conclusion of the project and identify any concerns or issues that need review.
Salary package is negotiable depending on experience gained.