A company supplying into the industrial industries is seeking a lead engineer with a degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering to participate in the development of design standards and other related tasks.Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering is essential
- Master or Doctoral level degree would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Electronic Engineering field.
- Must have hardware and software research and development experience.
- Gas detection and intrinsic safety experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of collision warning, detection technologies, instrumentation and control as well as SCADA experience.
- Must be familiar with wireless communication technologies.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment would be advantageous.
- Technically competent individual with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must be deadline drive and have strong attention to detail and technical ability is essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as to lead and manage subordinates.
- Must be willing to travel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysing higher-level defined project requirements and consequently defining lower-level sub-system functionalities and solutions as required.
- Interpreting user requirements and specifications in order to generate detailed item development.
- Conducting design reviews of sub-systems i.e. hardware and software as required.
- Preparing design information to a suitable quality and standard to ensure quality management.
- Providing technical engineering advice to a range of project stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for system engineering and project management.
- Designing and developing various types of analogue/digital electronic, embedded and RF circuits.
- Assisting with tendering (technical design and quotations).
- Supporting partners with product presentation and demonstrations to end-customers.
- Participating in the development of design standards and recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Maintaining networks and relationships with key customers, consultants, contractors, suppliers and planning authorities in order to effectively deliver technical advice and meet deadlines on engineering projects.
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, engineering tools and policies as they apply to projects.
- Ensuring that all engineering work adheres to regulation and requirements.
Salary package is negotiable depending on experience.