Marine Underwriting Clerk
Santam's Specialist Business: Marine department has a position for a Marine Underwriting Clerk at our Sandton offices.
- Issue policies and endorsements on the system and in Word format.
- Accurately record data for policies and endorsements issued on the operating system.
- Maintain client and broker relationships incl. communications and feedback.
- Maintain documents and correspondence in policy file and electronically.
- Prepare underwriting documents for new policies.
- Address enquiries and demands from clients / brokers.
- Administer cancellations, renewals, adjustments, monthly calculations, Surveys, reinsurance on system etc.
- Capture and administer client data on KIT.
- Facilitate and test KIT developments including logging and documenting faults.
- Credit control liaison including of inter alia premium outstanding unattached cash and unpaid debit orders.
- Matric or equivalent
- FAIS regulatory exams
- RE 5 exam
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Customer service orientation (positive, assertive, articulate)
- Computer literacy and competent keyboard skills
- Problem solving
- Planning, organizing and time management
- Questioning and clarifying ability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Be able to present accurate records and produce professional reports
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Decision making skills
- Results driven
- Displays honesty and professionalism
- Complies to rules and regulations
- Motivated and persistent
- Performing under pressure
- Enterprising and commercial thinking