My client is looking for a retired Mechanical Engineer (a retiree that is not looking for a permanent position, this will be a rolling contract)
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and smooth operations of machines such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Role Purpose and Contribution
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering Experience-
- 30-40 years' experience and considerable amount of work-related skill and knowledge.
- KnowledgeEngineering and Technology -
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics -Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications. Design -
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Physics - Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes. Unique skills or attributes
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Science -Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, or maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to meet requirements.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions
- Circumstantial Aspects: Travel, working hours (shifts) etc.-
- Ability to work flexible hours, possess the ability to relocate-
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change