We are currently seeking an experienced, skilled mechanical engineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining efficient heat, gas, water, and steam systems. An attention to detail and performance is a must, as you will design and oversee all tools and machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Apply engineering principles and practices to emerging fields, such as robotics, waste management, and biomedical engineering.
- Design test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
ACADEMIC & TRADES QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Completion of all Fundamentals of Engineering and Principles and Practice of Engineering tests, administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
- Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer/Creo
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests
Please note that this position will be available for the following Power Stations:
- Arnot Power Station, Camden Power Station, Duvha Power Station, Grootvlei Power Station, Hendrina Power Station, Kelvin Power Station, Kendal Power Station, Komati Power Station, Kriel Power Station, Kusile Power Station, Lethabo Power Station, Majuba Power Station, Matimba Power Station, Matla Power Station, Medupi Power Station, and Tutuka Power Station.
Please forward CV to (email address)