National Sales Manager - Labels (Printing)
Well established Manufacturing Company is looking for a National Sales Manager - Labels (Printing) based in Durban
Core Purpose of the Job
- With the overall task of achieving and exceeding the sales budget, the National Sales Manager will lead and drive the Labels Division's strategic market development, by identify and implementing a sales growth strategy.
- This will include generating sustainable growth through profitable sales; identify new prospective target markets, and developing and managing the performance of the sales team through professional guidance, direction, and mentoring.
Nature and Scope of the Job
- Evaluates opportunities within existing Customer Accounts.
- Identifies and develops new markets.
- Plans how to increase market share within market segments.
- Conducts research and development around the technology; products and services.
- Grows and develops the customer base.
- Customer retention.
- Liaises with commercial and production in terms of providing full and efficient service to the customer.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- 8 - 10 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Labels is ESSENTIAL
- Sales Management experience is ESSENTIAL
- Markets within which the business unit operates
- Label printing products, their applications and related printing
- Sound knowledge of various applications of products within the printing industry
- Knowledge of various substrates (paper, film, ink, coatings, glues, silicone etc.)
- Technical knowledge of product in relation to design and manufacturing
- Understanding of the markets in which we operate
- Marketing principles
- Brand strategy (national and global)
- Knowledge of Prism or other MIS
- MS - office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CRM System
Dimensions of the Job
- Number of Sales Staff supervised: (Sales Executives Durban 6, Gauteng 2, and Cape Town 1)
- Annual sales turnover: Approx. R R300 Million
- Types of products: self-adhesive, wrap around, flow wrap, poly rolls, shrink sleeve, digital etc.
- Market segments: personal care, home care, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage packaging, health and beauty care, third party packers, FMCG, Industrial, chemical and oil, retail, electronics and automotive, logistics and transport.
Key Performance Areas
Develop a Sales Strategy for New Business Development
- Researches and scans environmental competitor activities, external opportunities and threats as well as internal strengths and weaknesses.
- Establishes objectives and strategies for managing the business unit's contribution to organisational objectives and assisting sales team to achieve those objectives.
- Conducts a needs analysis and develops penetration strategies for those market sectors.
- Actively seeks out new and potential business within identified markets.
- Keeps abreast of innovations and developments in the market place (market intelligence).
- Demonstrates the ability to identify potential new products and product development ability.
- Proactive in converting customer's occasional business to long term business for the business unit.
Achieves and Exceeds National Sales Budgets
- Establishes the sales budget for the Labels Division ensuring that it is aligned to Company's budget.
- Prepares and presents plans to achieve budgeted sales targets and margins by producing effective sales proposals.
- Responsible for the achievement of budget objectives within new / existing accounts.
- Increases total account revenue and profitability.
- Conducts research on inflationary and organic growth of customers and establish the marketing strategy when developing a sales budget.
- Contributes towards retention strategies by establishing long term relationships.
- Assists in contract negotiation, strategic alliances, and preferred vendor arrangements.
- Reviews and support sales team by visiting top customers and key accounts regularly.
- Resolves high level account maintenance / conflict issues.
Relationship Building within Existing Accounts and New Business
- Harbours excellent levels of relationship building.
- Plays an effective role in dispute resolution with customers specifically around technical issues and pricing queries ensuring customer relationships remain intact.
- Plans and implements a mentoring and coaching strategy that provides direction and improves the individual and team performance thus maintaining an effective sales team.
- Establishes and sets specialist and general training programmes and objectives in consultation with HR for all sales personnel.
- Identifies job performance standards and evaluates performance using the Company's performance management system.
- Tracks and reports on key sales indicators and value drivers (turnover, average working days, profitability; number of visits to customers, number of successful enquiries, development of a robust sales strategy, monthly reports).
Interested candidates please send detailed MS Word CV to Thanusha Pillay via e-mail: (email address)
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful