The Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines.
This person will report directly to the Managing Director.
The following persons will report directly to the Plant Engineer/Engineering Manager:
- Chief Draughts person
- Junior Engineer
- Engineering Assistants
- Workshop Manager
- Technical Buyer
- Knowledge: Acquiring plant and process knowledge in order to become a plant specialist with regards to chemical, thermodynamics, mechanical, electrical and control within the edible oil industry.
- Process optimisation: By initiating continuous factory process improvement with regards to the use of electricity, optimal plant and equipment usage, production, cost and downtime.
- Plant Maintenance: Lead, assist and mentor maintenance team. Actively engage and provide necessary support to ensure optimal planning, procurement of technical materials, and execution of tasks to ensure efficient plant availability.
- Actively being involved with maintenance team to ensure co-ordination between maintenance and projects work planning, to ensure efficient outcomes regarding both disciplines.
By being responsible for the process design and project specifications this person will:
- Manage multi-disciplinary engineering projects, from inception to final hand-over, in accordance with project management methodology and procedures.
- Facilitate and ensure that plant project management processes are in place to achieve the required performance objectives.
- Ensure that projects are completed within scope, time & cost.
- Facilitate and ensure that a comprehensive project plan is created based on the project scope.
- Drive effective project governance structures, e.g. meetings and related minutes, stakeholder involvement, etc. in accordance to project management methodology.
- Manage and co-ordinate installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Ensure effective contractor management in compliance with OHS Act and site safety requirements.
- Perform acceptance testing of equipment.
- Drive an effective hand-over of projects through a structured project closure review.
- Provide engineering design, advice and consultancy to operations.
- Responsible for the drawing office and its output in terms of quality and quantity.
- Develop and transfer competence to grow project management capability within the plant.
- Develop and drive effective KPI's and reporting requirements.
- Facilitate and ensure that all Capital Plant purchases have the appropriate asset management elements and maintenance schedule implemented to achieve effective maintenance standards.