Plant Manager | Operations Manager
Ballito North, KwaZulu Natal, North Coast. Excellent career opportunity exists for Plant Manager with 4 year degree / diploma in Mechanical Engineering and 5 - 10 years experience in a senior maintenance management role with production management experience in a continuous operations and a heavy industrial environment.Be responsible for providing strategic input into the Production, Engineering and Health and Safety functions and ensuring the achievement of the related objectives.1. Operations
- Ensure that production quality standards and objectives are met.
- Oversee the performance of the Production Managers.
- Chair daily production/ engineering meetings and report back to the MD.
- Monitor production efficiencies and investigate shortcomings.
- Monitor Labour usages as per budgeted requirements.
- Identify and implement Production improvement programs.
- Set annual Production budgets and ensure the achievement thereof.
- Ensure that plant housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Reponsible for maintaining budgeted efficiencies and objectives.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to equipment.
- Oversee the Engineering team performance.
- Execution of Maintenance shuts.
- Optimise utilities consumption (gas, water and electricity).
- Identify, plan and execute DFM’s Capital Expenditure program.
- Identify potential, external business (services), interruption risks and provide contingency plans.
- Responsible for DFM’s OHS Act compliance.
- Set annual Engineering budgets and ensure the achievement thereof.
- Ensure budgeted uptime and budgeted maintenance costs are achieved.
- Identify and provide strategic direction on plant performance improvement and cost saving initiatives.
Knowledge of legislation and systems:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated regulations
- Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Asset Management principles
- Engineering Standards
Please Note:This position is suited to someone who enjoys a hands on approach