Job Advert Summary
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
To provide an efficient and effective maintenance service to the client.Skills and Competencies• Good knowledge of plumbing methods, repairs, materials, tools and equipment used
• Knowledge of safety hazards and safety precautions required
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to plan, organise and control own work effortQualifications• Matric, Trade Tested Plumber
• 3-5 years min experience post trade test. Preferably “Red Seal”Duties and Responsibilities• Continually prioritize jobs appropriately.
• Ensure that all work is planned-risks are identified the work is completed both to prescribed standards and within the agreed time
• Ensure that scheduled maintenance activities are performed correctly.
• Continually evaluate and improve maintenance activities for all plumbing PPMS on site.
• Identify critical spares for all plumbing equipment on site; liaise with your Supervisor to have these available (either on site or a local vendor).
• Ensure that best operating practice is applied when undertaking maintenance tasks/repairs.
• Undertake planned maintenance tasks allocated by the Site Manager, Site Supervisor or Helpdesk.
• Ensure that your work is performed to “Trade Test Standards” and the work area is left in a clean and tidy manner after completion of works.
• Ensure that all works assigned to you are completed before leaving site - if not permission must be obtained by the Departmental Supervisor.
• Must be able to work from heights.
Must be able to work in confined spaces and depths.
• Must be able to read and understand plumbing drawings
• Must be able to use gas welding torch for braising larger copper pipes
• Must be able to solder smaller pipes
• Perform any reasonable requests allocated by the Building Supervisor or the Departmental Manager
• Perform the following installation works:
Chasing of walls
Assisting other departments when required