The opportunity that awaits you:
A leading mining chemical company requires the Procurement Buyer to Provide support to the Purchasing Manager by performing procurement functions as delegated or assigned and in line with the applicable policies and procedures.
Your key responsibilities:
- Perform procurement actions from receiving a formal approved purchasing requisition till final performance or delivery. (Purchase to Pay Process)
- Communicates daily with suppliers obtaining quotations, concluding purchase orders and assisting resolution of queries
- Prepare Purchase Orders and related documents accurately to cause no unnecessary delay in processing time. Ensure a retrievable filing system is maintained.
- Interacts with company officials and suppliers through accurate and clear verbal and written communication.
- Consumable Purchase Orders are placed by the Receptionist, the receipts of Purchase orders will only be done in AX by the Procurement Buyer once signed by the Department Head that requested the goods to ensure all received correctly and in good order.
- Liaises with the Logistic Manager, suppliers and contracted transporter to ensure on time delivery.
Our required expertise:
- Diploma or Certificate in Procurement.
- Study towards a National diploma in Procurement Management.
- Five years' experience in Procurement activities in a heavy industry such as mining, oil and gas or petrochemicals.
- Familiar with the procurement processes including preparation of RFP/Q documentation, adjudications and related actions.
- Basic salary up to R228 000 per annum
- Medical aid 50% and pension 9%.
Please apply to directly or on our website (https://60degrees.vincere.io/careers/apply/30824/lang=en). For more roles please have a look at our website (www.60degrees.com). or follow us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/10287263/).