Production Engineer: Mechanical.
A Relevant Bachelors' Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required, complimented by not less than 3 to 5 years' relevant experience, preferably in a Marine- or Oil and Gas environment with a minimum of 2 years' production / manufacturing engineering experience. This will enable him/her to to apply principles of engineering and manufacturing to the production process (receiving to completion) to make it as efficient as possible and operates as smoothly as possible and resolve potential problems that could lead to equipment failure.
Key performance areas but not limited to the following:
- Review and understand product technical specification or other documentation that indicates what needs to be produced. These include standard products and customer projects technical specifications, manuals, codes & regulations, engineering drawings etc.
- Work closely with the Commercial, Sales, Design & Project teams during the production process
- Develop schedules with Production Manager, Production Planner and Workshop Foremen and draw up product realization plan, re-negotiate schedules as required and raise mitigation plans to maintain on time delivery and communicate risk.
- Create detailed written operation instructions, quality control plans, inspection reports and factory acceptance testing documentation.
- Oversee production activities onsite & offsite (as applicable) as per the agreed plan, technical requirements and processes within the constraints of agreed on time delivery, budget and quality.
- Final testing and commissioning onsite & offsite (as applicable) in accordance with Company policies (Technical Work Standards), IMCA D018 and other applicable codes, standards and regulations, including, but not limited to 3rd party classing societies, where applicable, such as DNV, ABS, Lloyds etc.
- Compile final production documentation packs / data books.
- Liaise with 3'rd parties and satisfactorily address technical issues.
- Liaise and manage onsite subcontractors and offsite subcontracted work.
- Liaise with procurement department to ensure on time delivery of raw materials and bought out items.
- Use ERP system for execution of Production jobs and Projects.
- Adhere to company Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies & procedures & aid in contribution to promote a ZERO LTI environment.
Skills set, experience and knowledge required:
- Manufacturing knowledge of Piping systems, Gas systems, Water systems, Pressure Vessels and Machinery
- Knowledge pertaining to the commercial diving industry would be advantageous
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient in Full MS Office suite and knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks and ERP software advantageous
- Must be able to understand and apply relevant codes such as, ABS, DNV, LRS, IMCA, IMO, etc
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS18001 would be advantageous
- Able to do report writing and writing of operating and maintenance manuals
- Good temperament to deal with people in all situations
- Assertive, creative and analytical
- Good communication skills in English (speak, read, write) to actively pass messages across to clients, manufacturers and co- workers
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on-time while not comprising quality, performance and reliability.
- Must be able to follow instructions to the minutest detail to ensure accuracy and Impeccable attention to detail is required
- Not a clock watcher and able to work overtime if it is required
- Good health and medically fit to travel and work offshore from time to time when/if required
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment