~~ Reporting into COO - Chief Operations Officer.
~~ Positions reporting into role: Floor Managers, Shift Manager, Team Leaders, Engineering
and Maintenance staff.
The Production manager is responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of industrial production processes, thereby ensuring efficient and timely manufacture and delivery of appropriate quality products according to budget.
- South African Citizen / Permanent Resident (with valid SA ID)
- At least 4-6 years successful production/maintenance management in a manufacturing plant.
- Matric; Diploma / B.Tech / Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Technology
- Advantageous: Production Qualification - Degree or Diploma in Production Management
- Solid Production Management experience
- Supervisor experience
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge, preferably from the Trades (not negotiable)
- Knowledge of Quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards and compliance
- Solid computer skills
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
- Extensive knowledge of both Coal fired and HFO Boilers (heavy furnace oil)
- Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Understanding of the Raw Materials and why/where they are to be used.
- EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) manufacturing process, preferably from within Industry or Plastics background.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Understand moulds and Machinery to make requisite changes when required.
- Knowledge of wet and dry vacuum systems.
- Compressed air, Water cooling and Circulation systems knowledge.
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning and organising production schedules to meet deadlines
- Assessing project and resource requirements
- Determine and Implement Improvements to the Production Process
- Estimating, Negotiating and Agreeing budgets and timescales with Managers
- Monitor costs and make adjustments to achieve the best value-for money
- Monitor production to resolves issues
- Ensure Output meets quality standards
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Determining quality control standards
- Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
- Overseeing production processes to ensure effective control of the production schedule
- Develop production program and guidelines to support company objectives
- Re-negotiating time-scales or schedules as necessary
- Selecting, ordering and purchasing materials to meet production targets
- Test Machines for disrepair and malfunctions
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Liaising with buyers, marketing & sales staff
- Supervising staff and evaluating performance of production personnel
- Determine the Human Resources required to meet production targets
- Organising relevant training sessions
- Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production and ensure these procedures are adhered to
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
- Application of raw material
- Future Planning - moulds, pre-foaming, coal, job cards, cycle times
- Prepare weekly shift list
- Manage housekeeping - factory, machines, PPE
- Manage Production - cycle times, quality, weekly stock take, control scrap, packaging, labels, monitor weight of products
- Production Reports & Density Checks
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports
- Recommend cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality standards
- Mould Management
- Daily Boiler Log Sheets
- Breakdown Repairs
- Implement & Maintain ISO (contact number)
- Comply to EHS & OHSA
- Keep abreast of new technology that can be used in the production process
- Monitor day to day production schedules, operation and plant activities closing balances per machines are recorded on production card sheets and that weighs are checked on each machine
- Strong management skills
- Results Oriented
- Team leader
- Fostering Innovation
- Technical Expertise
- Project management skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- IT and numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Motivational Support
- Empowering others
- Managing Change
- Managing Performance
- Analytical Thinking
- Production Management
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Conflict Management
- Stress Tolerance