Our client is a natural gas producer, providing sustainable, clean energy solutions to large-scale users in the Free State mining region. Due to exciting growth and development, an opportunity has arisen for a Project Coordinator who, based at their head office near Sandton, will manage and deliver allocated projects, from set-up and commencement to completion, within the agreed scope, budget and time-frame. Projects could be associated with any discipline, including engineering; information technology and business processes, in line with the business strategy.
More specifically, duties will include:
- Leading multiple smaller allocated projects simultaneously and coordinating efforts with support groups, ensuring successful project implementation.
- Coordinate inputs to Risk Assessment, HAZOP studies and model reviews, as per contract requirements, ensuring action lists are compiled and closed out.
- Supporting proposal efforts being able to work with multiple disciplines and subcontractors for developing scope.
- Managing and maintaining the Project Management system such as initiation, planning, implementation and reporting of allocated projects.
- Commissioning and hand-over of assigned projects.
- Managing costs within budgets and maintaining agreed timeframes for projects allocated.
- Ensuring compliance to procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Identifying obstacles and escalating deviations from allocated projects and interface duties where required.
- Directing and coordinating activities, whilst monitoring delivery of resources deployed to the project and interface management, as per the project plan on allocated projects.
- Providing input to project resource performance, together with the line manager.
- Monitoring project performance and mitigating all project risks by ensuring effective project governance structures are established and effectively managed in allocated projects.
- Managing project plans by identifying the impact of projects on all aspects of business operations.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Issuing close out reports on various allocated activities.
Ideal candidates will hold a tertiary degree or diploma with PMP/Prince2 certification or similar, plus 5-10 years' project management experience gained in the construction or energy/chemical sector. Other prerequisites for the position include:
- Having a firm understanding and experience in applying project management tools and best practices
- Knowledge in project planning, with resource planning utilising any planning tools such as PRIMAVERA/MSP or equivalent
- Knowledge of service level agreements and contract management
- High levels of attention to detail