Reporting to the Design and Technical Engineering Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple projects including those for new models, existing model updates as well as other ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a project management role within the marine engineering industry and have a practical hands- on approach.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
- The Preparation of detailed project schedules including:
- Overall project schedule
- Mould manufacture
- Joinery manufacture
- Jigs and fixtures
- Factory layout changes
- Monitor progress against scheduled tasks and update project schedules.
- Provide weekly updates on project status.
- Monitor project expenditure and investigate variances to budget.
- Assist with compilation of Design Review Packs.
- Assist with tracking and sourcing of components and assemblies for prototype builds.
- Work closely with the design, technical engineering and tooling teams.
- Assist with the planning and facilitation of project meetings to ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BTech/B-degree (NQF Level 7) Degree in Project Management or a related engineering field.
- At least 8 years' project management experience.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office programs and in particular Microsoft Projects.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Must have the ability to manage simultaneous projects.
- High attention to detail and quality standards.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Knowledge of the APQP and PPAP processes.
- Boat building experience.
- Experience of the marine environment, either through business or leisure activities would be advantageous.
- Excellent working knowledge in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- High level of analytical ability to solve problems.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to present organised and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Proven track record of efficiency improvements, quality improvements and project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Create and maintain FMEA's and Control.
- Root Cause analysis.
- Statistical process control (SPC).
- Strong customer service focus both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Affluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Be flexible, adaptable, able and willing to modify activities and direction with an everchanging business environment.
- Possess a professional attitude and promote the same in others.
- Knowledge of boat building - Techniques and process imperative.