Project Manager -Gas Detection & Management Systemes(Medical)
Purpose of Function
This position will be responsible for providing support with regards to GMS and FGDS project activities. The setup and implementation of a project management structure and process within their scope of responsibility.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Providing regular status reports to the relevant parties, during the project life cycle.
- Identify and ensure quality assurance procedures are met and followed.
- Compile Reports with respect to project status, issues, resources, changes, budgets and risks.
- Technical assistance/support
- Customer visits, plant evaluations (local and neighbouring countries, if required)
- Liaison and interaction with GMS and FGDS departments/sales team
- Manage and oversee installation and commissioning of FGDS and GMS projects
- Keep abreast of all legislation pertaining to GDS products relevant to the South and Southern African markets
- Adherence to all ISO processes and policies
- Adherence to all company policies (Global and Local)
- Installation and Service Management
- Effectively apply Company's processes and enforces it's project standards
- Co-ordinate the installation with other members of the project team
- Create and monitor the execution of the project plan
- Ensure project documents are complete and stored appropriately
- Create a database of lesson learnt from previous projects
- Travel to meet with the customer, as required, to provide and assist with site meetings and the development of site specific documentation.
- Complete site inspections
- Testing and commissioning management
- Co-ordinate and organize with the customer and the respective business manager the required tests and protocols as well as identify the authorized party to accomplish the testing and commissioning tasks.
- Identify the project testing & commissioning related costs to be included in the total project cost.
- Monitor and control the process of testing & commissioning and ensure the quality of the delivered service.
Functionally reports to:
Administratively reports to:
- Technical / Engineering background
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Certified Project Manager or significant experience of Project Management in a similar industry
- Ability to think operationally while linking it to the strategic objective
Skills, Special Competencies, or Certifications
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- MS Office tools, including MS Project
- Ability to draw and read technical drawings and/or specifications
- Process driven
- Open to new ideas and continuously striving to improve processes in order to achieve maximum potential within the working environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally if required
- Good personal communication and inter-personal skills
- Be a team player
- Computer Literate
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work extended hours if required
- Intercultural experience preferred
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate in Business English
- Proven experience working with expense budgets when planning and quoting for Projects.