Proposal Technologist Substations
This position is predominantly office based, but time will need to be divided as required between out of office and office based hours. It is subject to work beyond normal working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays should the need arise and may require out of town travel.
- Focus on sales and proposals in the organisation's generation, substation and infrastructure business unit, including the following:
- Diesel and Gas power generation (Stand alone and integrated solutions)
- LV and MV reticulation designs, up to and including 33kV
- Compile and populate BOQ's
- Complete costing according to BOQ's
- Generate business from new and existing customers.
- Internal and external technical support of the generation, integration and infrastructure business unit and assist with technical queries.
- Customer liaison and site visits.
- Formulate quotations and tenders related to all generation, integration and infrastructure technologies, products and services in the business unit.
- Ensuring that tenders and quotations meet the company and the customer's commercial terms and conditions.
- Conduct site inspections required as part of the tender process and gather all necessary information needed to compile an accurate quotation or tender document.
- Matric with English, Afrikaans and Mathematics
- A recognised electrical qualification (BTech will be an added advantage)
- At least five years (5) work experience involving sales and proposals within the generation, integration and electrical infrastructure industry
- At least five years (5) practical experience in the execution of complete and integrated power generation solutions
- Computer literacy - good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Experience in contracts will be an added advantage
- A code 8 driver's licence
- A valid passport
- Good command of the English language (spoken and written). Afrikaans would be an advantage
- Must have excellent technical and communication skills