The purpose of this role is to develop, deploy, and continuously improve maintenance work management strategies for an Operation, ensure compliance to work plans and statutory and legislative requirements and to provide organisational governance in the application of SAP processes and promote understanding and compliance to SAP principles.
- Develop equipment maintenance strategies for all equipment within the operations;
- Own all associated task lists and work instructions and must ensure that these are accurately documented and loaded into SAP.;
- Identify all equipment requiring inspections and repairs based on legislative and statutory requirements and create master data in SAP;
- Ensure adherence to statutory plans in SAP;
- Develop a maintenance budget based on the preventative and corrective maintenance work strategies in SAP;
- Perform equipment strategy reviews and failure analysis to ensure that all task lists and work instructions remain accurate and relevant;
- Update task lists / work instructions and all relevant master data in SAP;
- Cancel system generated work orders that are not to be executed;.
- Review and analyse work management metrics to ensure compliance to the SAP processes;
- Review / approve SAP Master Data change requests in line with maintenance strategies and content quality requirements;
- Ensure that all modifications to physical assets (resulting from strategy reviews) are initiated using engineering requests and are carried out by the engineering function only.;
- Ensure all updates to master data are loaded into SAP accurately;
- Encourage, mentor and coach peers and colleagues across operational areas to follow the SAP process by promoting operating discipline;.
- Develop Scope of Work for Maintenance Contracts.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree/BTECH/National Diploma in Electrical engineering / Electro Mechanical Engineering with;
- A Minimum of 4 years' experience in Analysis & Improvement in HV Substations and Utilities (Gas, Water & Compressed Air);
- A Completed Government Certificate of Competency (GCC) Electrical Engineering (Factory or Mining) is advantageous;
- In depth understanding of Electrical drawings is essential;
- Experience working on SAP is essential.