THIS IS A SENIOR MANAGEMENT LEVEL ROLE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS
One of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. We provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging.
The focus of this role is in the Strategic Consumer Market Insights for our Retail Convenience Stores in our some over 300 Forecourt locations in Southern Africa
The role is responsible to support the Global Format & Offer Managers in applying the Convenience Retail strategy and support in country programme delivery, covering:
- Consumer proposition development
- Network acquisitions analysis
- Market entry & initial site launches
- Partnership assessments
- Offer & format development and store pilots
- Input to strategic framework & tool kit development - ie Partnerships,
- Support Peer Review / intervention programmes within regions
- Programme Management - support in market strategic programme/project execution
- Ad hoc analytics - convenience performance & programme delivery
- Knowledge management of accumulated data
The role will also develop and deliver retailing business analytics with Markets to support implementation of Partnerships and New Markets activities for Convenience:
- Consumer - basket size, conversion ratio's, associated purchases, store heat mapping.
- Format - GM return on space, SKU diagnostics, range/space performance.
- Pilots - product availability, sales ramp ups, labour efficiency, time of day purchases, waste & shrink metrics
- Partnerships - supply chain fulfilment rates, COGs benchmarking, category management effectiveness, assessment of ways of working & governance structures, working with Local Market project teams to support
- Acquisition - benchmarking data, convenience retailing input to business cases
- Competitive Assessment - strategic reviews
- Market & analytics - growth rates, convenience trends, macro-economic analysis
- Proven excellence in data production, analysis and interpretation
- Excellent project management capability
- Demonstration of strong Leadership and Change Management experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to network and build good relationships leading to strong collaboration with internal and external partners
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work autonomously under pressure and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a diplomatic nature.
- Ability to deal with multiple pressures and prioritise importance and focus for the team.
Degree qualified or equivalent role related experience
Experience - at least 10 years with 5 years in the Retail Convenience - Analytics, Market Research, Planning space