Sales Engineer - Industrial Gas
An industry leading speciality gas and chemical manufacturer is looking for a Sales Engineer to be responsible for the sales of industrial gases into the Mining, Steel and Automotive industries.Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a Tertiary Qualification in Sales/Marketing or a Technical or Trade qualification.
- Previous sales experience within the related industries is essential.
- Code 08 driver’s license and own vehicle is essential.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the MS office suite.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing new business development and following up on referrals and new business leads.
- Building strong relationships with customers by diligently and continuously performing regular and on-going customer visits in order to maintain and manage all existing business.
- Ensuring that sales and marketing targets are met.
- Managing and maintaining existing bulk installations and pipelines.
- Providing advice on any additional and new installations and pipeline within existing business.
- Supervising all new installations as per the customer's requirements and specifications.
- Managing and facilitating relocations of any bulk installations and pipelines.
- Offering technical advice and assistance as well as troubleshooting to customers.
- Liaising directly with distribution and assisting customers with timely product deliveries.
- Managing day to day running of the business within the customers’ gas requirements.
- Customer education regarding safety, maintenance, terms and conditions and equipment.
- Negotiating annual prices with customers as well as management.
- Managing all contract renewals and addendums.
- Assisting with maintenance, engineering and call outs as required.
- Effectively coordinating meetings with senior management on products and service offerings.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.