A leading and well-established supplier of turnkey analytical solutions for the petrochemical, water and gas industries, requires the above to promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers as well as achieve maximum sales profitability and growth within the assigned territories.Minimum requirements for the role:
- A tertiary qualification in Instrumentation or Chemistry or related is essential.
- Previous sales experience in the chemical or mining or water and waste or municipalities or related industries is essential.
- Must be self-motivated, target driven and customer orientated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Computer literacy with a basic understanding of the Microsoft packages is advantageous but not essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transport and be willing and able to travel locally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with current and prospective clients in the assigned territory.
- Researching and analysing sources to develop prospective customers whilst determining their buying potential and value to the organisation.
- Keeping abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends.
- Developing clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Identifying advantages and comparing the organisation’s products and services with those of competitors.
- Planning and organising a personal sales strategy by maximising the Return on Time Investment for the assigned territory.
- Supplying management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services via the organisation’s CRM and related reporting systems.
- Participating in marketing events like trade shows, seminars, and telemarketing events.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained.