The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, career minded individual, with a strong work ethic, solid professional track record and a commitment to teamwork whom with a bachelor's degree or B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years in a similar role and closely related field. (Marine industry preferable). The following skills are required which must be demonstrated by submitting examples:
- 7 years dedicated experience in heavy structural and machine design.
- 5 years dedicated experience in finite element analysis.
- 5 years dedicated experience in Solid works modeling and simulation.
- 4 years' experience is steel fabrication in exotic materials.
Key Responsibilities - amongst others and not limited to:
- Lead designers in the design of marine structures and equipment.
- Develop concept designs of marine equipment to facilitate proposals and perform budget costings.
- Perform structural analysis and prepare design reports.
Submit designs and reports to approval authorities such as ABS, DNV and Lloyd's Register and resolve technical queries