Senior Manager - Capital Projects and Infrastructure
This role is for a Senior Manager in the Capital Projects and Infrastructure competency within the Advisory line of service. The successful candidate will be based in Johannesburg.
- Building and sustaining profitable client relationships.
- Demonstrating excellence in client delivery.
- Actively developing self and others.
- Leading own teams and contributing to another teams' success.
- Communicating with impact and influence.
- Leading by example with courage and integrity.
- Applying own technical expertise - being a recognised expert within the firm.
- Showing flexibility and agility.
- Managing engagement economics to achieve utilisation, production and revenue targets.
- Leading or supporting bids, proposals and other opportunity development activity.
The consulting skills requirements for the role are mostly at Expert Level. Candidates will need to be able to work largely without direct supervision and have well developed skills in:
- Analysis and interpretation of data.
- Application of judgement.
- Interpersonal relations and client relationship development.
- Report writing.
- Oral presentation and workshop facilitation.
- Sales pipeline management and opportunity /business development.
- Teamworking and resource management.
- Stakeholder management.
- Engagement management.
- Scope control and contract management.
- Risk and compliance management.
The functional skills requirements for the role will be to have at least 6 years' experience at management level in the following:
- Financial modelling analysis - development of models as well as analysis.
- Experience with the PPP life cycle - experience with the management / execution and compliance requirements of each stage of the lifecycle.
- Transaction advisory experience.
- Project preparation.
- Project Feasibility Studies and Business Cases (including project scoping and structuring, procurement strategy, quantified risk analysis).
Please note the client is not looking for someone with deep financial experience who wants to only work in the financing / transaction space but rather someone who understands and can advise clients across the full PPP lifecycle.
The industry skills requirements for the role will be to have at least 8-15 years' experience, of at least one of the following:
- Major Capital Projects and Infrastructure (particularly in a government or parastatal environment)
- Transport and Logistics (one or more of Rail, Roads, Ports)
- Utilities - Water and Energy
- Oil and Gas
Knowledge of the South African capital projects and infrastructure environments is highly desirable. Local first-hand experience of the equivalent markets across Africa would be an advantage.