Our Client Shift Electrician to be responsible for Preventative maintenance on machines and equipment as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment.Responsibilities
- The shift electrician is responsible for providing maintenance services to various machinery and other (email address) will support planned and unplanned maintenance tasks and respond to breakdowns and work with operations and other trade professionals to fault find and rectify assets reliability issues and implement timely and efficient and effective solutions.
- Continual improvements and upgrading of equipment.
- Maintain appropriate service and repair records on the maintenance system.
- Ensure safe work practices are being followed.
- Clean assigned machines and areas after completing tasks and repairs.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds and roof to install, maintain or repairing electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Responsible for station lockout/tag out procedures as mandated by company policy.
- Repairs to motors including changing of bearings.
- Install, including programming, and trouble shooting of PLC based equipment.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in the electrical wiring equipment using test devices as ohmmeters, voltmeters, insulation testers and current clamp meters.
- Reading of electrical and schematic drawings.
- Do daily plant inspections.
- To perform any reasonable and safe jobs that is requested by Foreman.
- Adhere to First National Battery safety rules and Lead regulations as per induction.
- Up hold the ISO14001 standards and requirements.
- Up hold the ISO TS standards and requirements.
- Participate in the Mini business suggestion schemes.
- Switching of MV and LV switching gear.
- Must have at least a N4 qualification
- Recognised trade papers with Red seal.
- At least 5 years Industrial experience preferably smelter experience.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS office and maintenance software.
- Experience working with Industrial gas combustion systems and filter plants.
- Strong PLC knowledge