SHIPPING SHEQ MANAGER (CAPE TOWN)
Description: DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE SHIPPING/MARINE INDUSTRY? ARE YOU A SHEQ MANAGER LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY WITH AN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COMPANY? JOIN THIS INDUSTRY LEADER, APPLY NOW!ONLY APPLICANTS WITH SHIPPING/MARINE EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.Please Note: If you do not fit the specification with the minimum requirements your application will not be accepted for this position. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete an Assessment or Test to demonstrate your knowledge of this position.Requirements:
- Diploma in Safety Management / Safety Management Qualification
- Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 90001 & (contact number)
- Minimum of 5 years safety, health, quality and environment management
- Experience in a manufacturing environment where ISO practices are well entrenched
- Sound verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
Skills / Duties:
- Ensure ISO- and DNV audit compliance
- Ensure that legal appointments, certification and compliance are maintained
- Conduct risk assessments & generate data books
- Update and monitor quality systems and procedures
- Provide support, evaluate risk performance and reliability, and recommend corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for day-to-day execution of quality systems
- Incident and accident investigations
- Manage and co-ordinate Inductions and toolbox talks
- Co-ordinate safety meetings & OHS committee responsibilities
- Liaise with all departments to achieve legislative compliance
- Develop and carry out SHEQ training and educational programmes
Applicants must reside in CAPE TOWN or surrounding area.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Visit our website to view all of our current vacancies: www.mprtc.co.za